Monday, September 22, 2008

Guess What?? More Knitting!!!!

All the ends are woven in and tacked down on the Fern Lace Wrap. I happened to have some matching lilac thread from a tablecloth project. I soaked the scarf in a sink full of Euclaan Wool Wash suds then pinned it out on my DIY pink foam-core boards. I need to get at least one more container of T pins. I always seem to run out and end up having to finish up with smaller and smaller bead-headed pins. It's not too bad with the lighter wools but one of these days I'm gonna need some serious holding power and those nice little pins with a bead head aren't going to cut it.

Project Stats
Pattern: Fern Lace Wrap from The Little Box of Scarves (this pattern has lots of errata so beware)
Yarn: Punch in the lilac colorway from Alpaca With a Twist
Fiber Content: 46% alpaca, 46% tencel, 8% nylon
Unblocked: 69" long (5'9") & 12" wide
Blocked: 88" long (7'4") & 11" wide
Weight: 225 grams 7.9 oz
Needles: US 9 / 5.5 mm Addi Turbo Lace circs
Amount of yarn used: almost 5 50 gram skeins (I have
24½ yards left, 9 grams)

The off fern leaf is skewed. Another piece of pattern errata that I didn't really pay attention to and then just decided to leave it. It's the same all the way through and doesn't really detract from the design.

This makes the 11th FO this year. Here's the count so far for 2008:
4 pairs socks
3 watch caps
2 lace scarves
1 baby blanket
1 baby jacket


I've been knitting a bit on My Hunting Hat, take two. I like this second version. It's mindless knitting that I can sit and read blogs and forums by. Well, except for the cable round, then I have to stop and concentrate. But it's only one round out of eight so I think I can manage. I was several rounds past the second cable cross when I realized I'd done it wrong so I ripped back 5 rounds and I'm in process of doing the second cable cross correctly now . . . I hope. The two I've done look right. After I get a couple of rounds past them it's easier to see. My other hat is also cabled. I must have a thing for cabled hats. When I get a bit beyond this cable I'll take a photo of it.

You'll be able to see that the cables aren't all that apparent with this variegated yarn but it's OK. The cables are mostly there to give me something to look forward to. Funny how when I'm doing some kind of simple ribbing in socks, it doesn't seem to bother me but stick ribbing on a hat with larger needles and I get bored. Go figure. (throws hands in the air and looks bewildered)


We are lovin' this long, long fall with no air conditioning and no heating. It seems like it's been a long, long time since we had a fall like this.

blogging to: night sounds outside the open windows

reading: Shadows at the Fair by Lea Wait (a Maggie Summer mystery)

Parting Shot: ""I love the fall. I love it because of the smells that you speak of; and also because things are dying, things that you don't have to take care of anymore, and the grass stops growing." ~ Mark Van Doren

No comments: