Monday, July 7, 2008

Gotta Blame it on Something

I just keep knockin' 'em off. I finished the Rock Chalk Jayhawk socks late Sunday night. Here are the stats:

yarn: Cascade Sassy Stripes
pattern: my own ~ first sock: p1, k5, p1, k4
second sock: p1, k4, p1, k3
heel: 50 stitch short row heel
toe decreases: stitches evenly divided among 5 needles and decreased at the beginning of every needle.
needles: 2.5mm rosewood dpns


The foot on the first sock is noticeably larger than the second sock. Late last spring, (May 2007) my SIL slipped and broke her ankle very badly. That ankle and foot are still swollen hence, the larger sock for that foot. She was thrilled when she tried on the unfinished except for the toe decreases sock several weeks ago that it fit her injured foot. Together both socks weigh 100 grams. However, I have 37 grams left on the third skein. Technically, I should have the entire third skein. I didn't weight the skeins before I dug into them. I have no idea what happened to 56½ yards of this yarn. Oh, well. The socks are done and I'm pleased with them.


The Blue Baby Blanket had it's two ends woven in this morning and now it's soaking in Euculan. I plan to block it today.

I almost succumbed. I came thisclose to casting on for the LmC scarf and . . . AND another pair of socks. I was putting away the leftover yarn from the Rock Chalk Jayhawk socks and rooting around in there looking for the socks I need to repair and the yarn for them. I must have been overcome by the wool fumes in the sock yarn stash. I pulled out the two skeins of Schachenmayr Nomotta Crazy Cotton in the colorway I call "Spring". Then I proceeded to look through pattern books for a pattern for the scarf to cast on RIGHT NOW!

Well, I did fix one pair of socks. These were very small. Not pretty but serviceable. I tried them on and they are not too small. And since one repair is on the bottom of the foot and on the other sock it was on the heel no one but me will know. I looked at the others and put them down. I think I can fix another pair without frogging but it would be better if I did. I fixed one and I'm done with the repairs for now.

Since I'm not going to frog and fix my socks I DO need another travel sock. So I did kept out the cotton yarn. I'll figure out a pattern and put that and the needles in my knitting bag. But I'm not going to cast on until I need to.

I want to finish the BSJ before I start the scarf for the LmC. I still can't believe it. I went from a WIP high of nine projects to six. And one of those six is close to being done. I'll relax awhile and knit on some of the other WIPs.

listening to: Rush Limbaugh

reading: The Deeds of the Disturber by Elizabeth Peters (an Amelia Peabody mystery)

Parting Shot:
"The steady buzzzzzzz of the Katydid chorus,
the bass solo of the croaking Frog,
the steady woof-woof-woof a barking Dog -
a summer night's serenade."
~ Michael P. Garofalo, Cuttings

No comments: