Saturday, November 3, 2007

Two FO's

I'm making good on my resolution to finish what I started before I start something else. Today, I completed the Waving Lace socks for SIL AND I finished seaming the Heavenly sweater. Now, I'm in the process of updating my project notes but I have taken a few photos.

The sock pattern is from 25 Favorite Socks from Interweave. When I got this book I had to really think which lace sock pattern did I want to knit. I chose the Waving Lace. I did make some changes to the pattern. Since I'd finished Lucy Neatby's Mermaid socks from her book Cool Socks Warm Feet before I started these, I'd say I was heavily influenced by the techniques I learned on those socks. For one thing, I did a short row heel. The other two changes I made were taking the pattern all the way around the foot and taking the pattern clear to the end of the toes. In retrospect, the swirl on the Mermaid socks is what made them neat. If I'd realized that earlier I may not have done the pattern all the way down to then end on these socks. But they look OK and I know SIL will be pleased with them. It look 2 1/3 skeins of yarn for her socks. So now I have more sock yarn for that Krazy Striped pair of socks I'll make for myself one day.

The othe
r FO was actually a UFO. [How long does it take for a WIP to turn into a UFO?] I called it a UFO because I ignored it for about nine months. I'd finished the knitting and blocked it on Feb 3 so it's not THAT old. I'd actually seamed the shoulders some months earlier. The good thing is that this is fuzzy yarn. So I didn't have to be particularly fussy about matching up the stitches on one side with the stitches on the other side of the seam. I pinned it together in several places and made sure I was OK between pins. It fits, but gosh it's Fluffy. And Sparkly.

Now that those two are out of the way, I'm going to concentrate on the guess-ets and doing a hat and/or booties with some of the frosty pink yarn. I have most of three weeks to get the hat and or booties done so I'd better get crackin'.

blogging to: The Badger Song (look it up on YouTube)

reading: Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone by J K Rowling

Parting Shot: "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." ~ J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 1997

1 comment:

Roxie said...

Hip, hip, hooray for finished objects!! Thesocks are beautiful, and the sweater looks oh so cozy and happy. Bet you get extra hugs when you wear it. You will look ultra-embraceable