Thursday, November 8, 2007

Project Updates

OK, here's a photo of the wee frosty pink baby hat done in the Mermaid Socks pattern — even the decreases at the crown are the Mermaid Sock toe decreases.

I'm within 17 rows of finishing one of the guess-ets and I'm about half done with the other one. Guess-ets are boring to knit and probably even more boring in a photo but I'll see what I can do. At least they're not very long — only 78 stitches before the the waist decreases. And it's a 2x2 rib so I just knit along.

That's my Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Mountain Creek colorway. That's about 50 rounds. Lately it's o
nly been a round or two here and there. But that's how it's supposed to be with this sock. I do like how it's pooling.

I've got almost ALL my stash yarn photos uploaded to Raverly. I've taken photos of everything but some photos were blurry or there was something about the photo I didn't like. All the stash is there, just not all of it has a photo. I've really enjoyed re-connecting with my stash. I've got a fairly small one, I think. Most of my non-sock yarn stash is left over yarn but there are a few things I've bought for projects, scarves, mostly. Most of my "stash" is sock yarn.

I don't know how folks buy yarn for a sweater on spec. How much do you buy if you don't have a specific project in mind. With socks (for me, anyway) it's easy. Two 50 gr skeins or hanks for me and three for SIL or Sweetie.

Well, back to knitting on my guess-ets. I have a hard DeadLine with this one.

blogging to: 24 Songs of the Depression Era

reading:
reading: The Spice Box by Lou Jane Temple
and
Drunk, Divorced & Covered in Cat Hair by Laurie Perry aka Crazy Aunt Purl

Parting Shot: "Pleasure in the job put[s] perfection in the work." ~ Aristotle
Quote Source

2 comments:

Roxie said...

The baby hat is uh-door-able! The sock is coming along nicely. And what fun things you do read!

POPT said...

I love the colors in the sock, the hat is cute, and I'm reading the book based on your reccomendation.