Thursday, October 18, 2007

Done. Done. Done. And Done.

The Frosty Pink Baby Blanket has been kitchnered, ends woven in, blocked, photographed, e-mailed, Raverlied and now blogged. The only things left are to finish my notes on the project and give it to my SIL to give to her friend to give to her daughter who's having her first baby, a daughter, some time in December. Whew! If I wasn't tired of it before I'm tired of it now. Telling my SIL about it in a lengthy e-mail (with these photos), putting it up on Raverly (with these same photos), and now here. By this time I have my story straight (and, yes, I am stickin' to it).


You always have the most recently updated info on any project, of course. For those not yet on Raverly (you will be assimilated!) here are the stats:

yarn: 6 3/4 skeins of Plymouth DreamBaby DK
pattern: Leaf Panel from 200 Ripple Stiches by Jan Eaton (page 24)
needles: 6mm rosewood circs
size: 44" x 44" blocked ~ 16 12 stitch pattern repeats wide ~ 20 12 row pattern long (10 per half)


Now I'm ready to move on to the next project. I've done a bit on the Waving Lace socks. I'm now over 2" on the foot. Round and Round and Round we go!

I dug out the gray cabled sweater and did some math. I measured and calculated and I know what I have to do for the gussets. All I need to do now is dig out the needles and cast on. I need to make 2 gussets, in a k2, p2 rib. I kinda want to get all fancy-schmancy with some decreases for the waist. I'm going to seat of the pants this and try on as I knit. We'll see how well that goes.

When I get this sweater done (and not just the knitting, seamed, too) and the Heavenly Sweater seamed, I'll feel sufficiently accomplished (and not at all guilty) about buying the yarn for the Great Afghan project (for which I have only some vague ideas of a pattern and colors) and my Nautical sweater (scroll down for the photo) from Louisa Harding's book Modern Classics. Oh, and the Waving Lace socks will have to be done, too. My goal for the socks is to have them done by Thanksgiving. I bet they'll be done by the end of the month or shortly thereafter.

After all that, the only UFO's I will have will be the embarrassing Silk Sari vest, the glove cuffs and an old as hell Broomstick lace afghan I began, maybe 20 years ago. The yarn is such icky, rough acrylic that I will feel no guilt WHATSOEVER if the whole shebang ends up out at the curb come a trash day in the near (or not too far) future. So, maybe that last one's not really a UFO. What's the step below a UFO?

blogging to: classical music on the radio

reading: Secrets on Saturday by Anne Purser

Parting Shot: "The cure for anything is saltwater – sweat, tears, or the sea." ~ Isak Dinesen
Quote Source

1 comment:

Roxie said...

OK, I see what you mean about the seam, but really, there is no way you could have made it invisible. It looks damn good as it is! And the blanket will be an absolute treasure. Sooooo pretty! A real heirloom. And of course there is love and a blessing in every stitch.

Oh, what plans you have. This is the season of finishing I see. As for the ghacky acrylic afghan, I use my ghacky acryllic to bundle cardboard, to tie up droopy plants, to mark things that need to be pruned off. I bet you can think of lots of other things where you could use the yarn instead of string. Bundle the computer cords. Use yarn instead of ribbons on your Christmas presents. Use the stuff up. It's not a UFO, it's a material resource!